"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Friday, 22 June 2012

Little Prince

Whatever you had to say you have said.
Little Prince residing in the maze that is my mind,
Your time has passed. Let go.
Your silly face has no resemblance to my own anymore.
You have no idea what has happened to this mind of mine
Since you left,
By the time I got home it had all been done.
There is a mirror on my wall with your name on it.
 I will always be the shadow in your step.
But remember I will only be a shadow Prince,
I walked away, and you were left with the pettiness of it all.
Love is greater than that, and I have the only love I need.
Thank you for the lessons.
I have read my words, the hidden ones, the shameful ones,
And they ring truth. Prophetic writing.
Long ago, I knew, I was made for this.
Alone, and only alone I am complete,
This wasn't by mistake or design.
Destiny takes over, decisions are made
This spot, this place, is exactly where I have to be


No comments:

Post a Comment