"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Saturday, 19 January 2013

An unwanted goodbye, I have been trying to say for a long time...

You were always the only one who told me when the crown was too heavy, when my mind was too wild, when the world was too intense. Loving you the way I did was impossible and I tried to let you go and could not, you will always remain. I tried to tell you, I tried to show you, I tried to be there. But I couldn't.

And maybe I, maybe I, maybe I. I will always ask maybe I was meant to save you, and I didn't. And now you are gone, so gone. And my friend, I want you back. I will always ask, was there a word I should have uttered.But you are gone. And I live my life in a fantasy but today I have to live in the real, and you are gone. Instead of me.

Why instead of me? You had so much, the universe was your pad, I was your script. And now my friend you are gone, and all you left me was a creative mess to clean. The two of us, we were the dream couple, I had the words, you had the wits. We were a nightmare too... just ask our neighbours. We were best friends from the moment we met,  I sat on your lap and a lifetime came to pass, and we became one. And we fought, and we grew apart, but you were always my best friend, and no matter how close I kept my heart to my chest, you always knew me.

But today I have to let you go, today of all days I have to let you go my wonderful friend. I will always wonder whether I should have  never have let you go, moved to the other side of the world with you. But you and I were always meant to be best friends. Your heart, your love, belong to a truly amazing woman. I really wish you could see her now, she is wonderful.

Today I have to let you go, my best friend. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment