"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Saturday, 5 September 2015

Ink on paper...

I look up and the sky is turning blue.
The night dissipated, in between the gin, and the speak.
I think I talked for hours, maybe to myself, maybe not

It is getting lighter but I know I am safe
The ones I trust are back, they are with me
Even if just for a while I can smile, and I can dance

I am inside, and inside I remain
Playing, and dancing is a game I am skilled at
Yet the outside is but a field, inside I remain

I look around and it is light, the night is gone
I am alone and my drink is not gin but vodka
I am filled with shame, and fear, yet eager to continue

The night is gone, the hours have been spoken for
And yet I still think of ink on paper
Endless...



No comments:

Post a Comment