"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Grief


I have become motherless

The nothingness of life is now far too obvious.
She was only a call away when the world was screaming at me
Now, I only have the messages she left me to keep me comfort.

I failed to join her in her last moments
And I will forever live with the guilt
She was held by two of her daughters, not me…

The two daughters who were there for her, always
Not me, this person doesn't deserve this family, that mother
I’ve been unkind, undeserving, an absolute disaster

And no matter how many apologies are given
The harm has been done
I am sorry, I am very sorry

I am undone




No comments:

Post a Comment