"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Monday, 20 August 2012

Adulthood

the simple tones, they are blending with the colours.
It is quiet as I age.
It just happened one day, the pain was nothing, the past a blur.
And then the madness caught up with me, all my youthful indiscretions suddenly became real.
They are etched in my body forever, growing inside of me.
I cannot escape this, not again.
It is here, screaming at me from the mirror, reminding me of the decisions I made.
It is splitting me, breaking me, invading the gaps that I neglected.
But I am still a child, no love will change that.
When nobody is around I try not care.
But it comes and it takes over, and I have to let it end because I am still a child.
And I fold, my cards are worth next to nothing.
But age came unannounced, unforgiving, making me an adult,
Filled with all this guilt, all this responsibility.
Walking away is no longer an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment