"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Thursday, 22 November 2012

quiet

I've had a shitty week. I've lost something which kept me grounded, and I thought it would be hard, i thought it would be impossible, and yet, again this year, I'm standing, ready to fight. I wish I had the life everyone else has, simple, alive. Instead I had the Poe life, always gasping for the next breath, reckless, insane, wonderful. And then I remember this flood, this fire, this madness has made me. And my chest has been broken, more times I would admit to, and my brain has been burned, and my body bruised and yet I stand in the garden, a new born, in love, alone. And I dream of my child, and he will be born of me.Such madness from a woman like me. And I walk and it is quiet, for once...


No comments:

Post a Comment