"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Saturday, 11 October 2014

The safety of solitude

Loss is a part of life that we simply cannot avoid, and yet it is one that overcome us. I have spent years mourning the loss of someone I love, the problem is I do not know if I have lost him at all... Uncertainty can be grief's worst enemy. I could grieve the loss of my best friend if I knew he was gone, but I don't. I could go through the stages and "get through it" but I can't because he may still come back. 

For the past two years he has been on my mind every single day, every hour. I go to sleep and I wish him home, every single night. He is my best friend, the one who always "got" me, his absence has created a hole in my soul. I ache everyday, I don't know how to cope with this absence. Two years on and I still can't. 


I pull away from people because I never want to feel that kind of loss again. I never want to lose someone like I lost him. So it is better to stand alone than covered in wounds of grief.


I have lost too much and too many people to risk being there again. Alone is better. Alone is safer

No comments:

Post a Comment