"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Thursday, 23 October 2014

Steps on broken ground

I've been letting go of the world lately,
It is becoming too heavy for my shoulders to carry
The meds do their thing until they don't
And then I am all alone in such a lonely room

Weeks bouncing off the walls all by myself
I broke my mind, I broke my body, I broke my friends
Weeks drowning in misery all by myself
My mind disappeared, so did my friends.

Once again I am all alone, 
Like I have always been. 
This madness, this monster of mine
Love it, hate it, makes me, destroys me
Karma, I deserve it. Maybe. I do. 

And then the sounds come and I am alive
The cold is meaningless
I can dance, and I can feel. 
My heart is cold but my skin is not
I am alive, I am alone, I am mad

But living is better than not
This in-between living is not good
Love given, too much lost
This self lost too many times
But what is the point of living?

Too many steps taken on broken ground
Too many promises given 
A future gone

Death became real far too soon
Loss is in my heart everyday
Letting go is not easy

The ticking of the clock persists
Like a watchful eye to every choice
It reminds me of dreamed success
And then the mirror looks back in failure
Judgmental as always

The becoming has become such a hardship
I am never there; never final
And the frustration envelops me


I miss what kept me anchored to the world
Now it is all just an illusion
I wish I could feel as much
But I walk on air, I feel nothing
I feel all







No comments:

Post a Comment