"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Saturday, 1 November 2014

Demons and Friends

I have carried demons that were not my own,
I did because they were too heavy for those I love
My shoulders may seem small but they can carry multiple worlds
This heart however is not that strong.

I did so for friends

What demons hide in friendship I will never learn
Even though they said my loneliness was all my doing,
I remained
They told me everything I did was wrong, I remained
When their lives fell apart,  I remained
And today,  I am alone, where are those friends?

I am tired of friendship

I am tired of the part I've been given
Or maybe the part I have played, poorly
Nonetheless the stage has an edge
Is it sharp enough?

Will those friends care when I succeed?

No wonder I am so alone...

I have only demons



No comments:

Post a Comment