"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Monday, 15 December 2014

Fate

Through life I walk, blind mostly,
feeling my way through it
by pain and the memory of it.
My insides torn apart, divided, 
made anew by unexpected experiences. 
I am altogether a different woman everyday. 

By want of an impossible future I dream
And by dreaming the impossible I regret
But regret leads to this endless frustration
And so I give up...

Giving up is easier than trying once again
Trying again and failing, 
yet I've never failed, I've only given up.
A scientist through and through

Yet science cannot explain who I am.
The intricacies of my existence.
And so I have to surrender to fate
and fate speaks of fulfillment

And so, what am I supposed to fulfill?

   


No comments:

Post a Comment