"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Sunday, 26 July 2015

Solitude

And solitude in time turns into loneliness.
All the philosophy in the world amounts to nothing
Slowly the mind closes up, and the heart follows suit

If only she could take over for a while,
If only I could be me again.
The burden of madness

This stage has become a comfortable place
Playing a part is second nature
Theatre is my life

I look back in this passive life
I ache for who I was
I regret what I did not become

The sky is turning mauve
My fingers are getting numb
And my mind is yet to turn misty

But I do not regret this empty bed
Or the people who left along the way
And the scars they caused

I am yet to turn back into the girl I once was
The ache, the lessons, the love... stuck
So much so I am a woman now

And what for so long was solitude
Has become loneliness
Willingly

The sky is now blue











No comments:

Post a Comment