"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Thursday, 3 June 2010

To my dearest friend,


 

I wish I had been there when life got too hard to handle, I wish my words had driven your pain away, I wish my touch had the power to erase the pain from your soul. For now, and until then I will have you in heart forever, you showed me how to laugh at the inevitable, how to love a prison and embrace the madness. I wish I had been able to show you how to love life too, how to make the most of your madness, how to laugh at life's setbacks. I wish I had been there to hold you tight until everything was better.

I vow to your memory today that I shall never find myself in that place again, that I will enjoy the life you had left to live, I will miss you, I vow to live, to treasure you and your life. I wish I had been able to stop you.

I will forever have you in my heart…

No comments:

Post a Comment