"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Monday, 21 November 2011

Union of the Selves

"There she paused for a while thinking...but the temptation was so great that she could not conquer it"

It doesn't seem to matter, those around me shine in bright colours, taken over by the waves of unseen vibrations. My mind somehow is immune to the wonder in the air, it just stares at them, craving the magic that has enveloped the crowds. I continue the dance of fireflies, shining in the dark, pulsating at the beat of a single note. But I, a pretender, a childminder in the shadows, dream of those divine eyes smiling back at me with such joy. A silent reply is all they need to fly in exuberance. How sublime! It hadn't been long since my eyes had caused such results but I had forgotten how beautiful my soul had felt. 

The bruises suddenly dissipated, anew that intimate core, the one that safely locked away started to slipped away from its cage. The chains and the cage were only phantoms, manifestations, amulets against the monsters I had conjured up in the dark. With the new light I saw them for what they were, just leftovers of what didn't want to be let go of, of the remaining ties to the demon of the underground. The core occupied  all the spaces that are me, even the broken ones, the ones that started to drift away in the ocean. That beautiful smile won't be mine, it walked away, never to be seen again. The crowds in their dance, in the rapture of that instant, carried those eyes away, enshrined in the mystery of that single moment, in just one second, whatever pain was left was gone, and I returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment