"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Lofty Cry


She's whispering in my ear, words of passion and loneliness.
No memories have been recalled, 
just the vacuum of what has been left behind. 


In a frozen frame, my image blurred, running away, 
a silent film on repeat in your mind's eye.
Beat beat beat, blood flows, beat beat beat, I won't run.
Choose the soundtrack, make me scream, agony or delight, it is your script.

All my hiding places, all my caves, forgotten, filled to the rim with concrete
With my bags packed and my make up on, a foot out the door.

There is nowhere else to run, exposed, naked. All the scars are on display
Darling, they are there to warn you. I am battle-bled, my soul a country war-torn
You may try to break me, bend me to your will. Be prepared to lose. 

Fight or flight! Make your choice, it's your time. Remain or leave. 
Your hold on me dissipated child, the day I let my mind crack. 

Choose your weapons, behind the weak there is an army. 
You have been a fool, the time to wage war has arrived. Time has stopped.

The years of neglect are far behind, your voice was always the loudest then
There are new players in this game, stronger than you, with wiser words.
When you first arrived to the quiet universe you were alone 

 I have made new friends, they have populated the spaces you neglected
And now they are in formation awating your attack

I am no longer yours, not your colony. 
The rules have not changed but I have. I can keep secrets from you now
You will never know what happened while you were asleep, I will never tell

Call me deranged, 
Call me insane. 
You were the monster that sat on my throne
Prepare to lose your head.
The battle has begun















































No comments:

Post a Comment