"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Monday, 5 December 2011

Mine alone

You stood there all clouded in your made up mystery, in your mind the fiction of who you are keeps playing like a record stuck on repeat. You keep telling me this place drives you mad, that you feel out of place. You are just like the rest of them, no matter how much Baudelaire you want to emulate. Boy, don't fool yourself, no matter how hard you try, you will never have my heart to break. I can see right through you, you were just a toy for me to play with. How does it feel to have the tables turned? I know you, I know your type. You like to play with little girls' hearts, be the dark knight, unreachable, beyond love. You have never been quite so mistaken. I am no little girl, play games with a woman and you will get burn. You were always out of your depth. You thought me soft because the skin you felt was warm and melted under your touch. You thought me weak because when you held me I felt small. Never trust what you see. I am made of something you have never seen before.


Don't even try to approach the place I occupy today, you will be sadly disappointed. Go back to the cave, to the games you like to play. It was never love I sought, your flesh was all I was after. But you can't stand losing control, lest of all to a woman like me. I warned you, I am no snake, you can't charm me and I won't tempt you. You saw me dance, I am not a house cat. Place your bet elsewhere, they are queuing outside your bedroom door ready to vomit the dull rehearsed speech of fake depths, each one of them hoping to be the one  you choose, turn your gaze back to them, you can't choose me.

I'm back on the dance floor, right where you found me, where I will always be, the most wonderful place to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment