"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Monday, 19 December 2011

An army of one

The dam breaks and the tide approaches. There was no holding back, not a chance. I used to be the rock that they leaned on, strong in spite of it all, but I am no match for what is coming. I am sorry but in this fight each soldier must face her enemy all alone, and mine multiply at every turn. Cynicism is my armour and my madness my best weapon.

Today I bled in an underhanded attack, it had been a while since anything got through, but I hadn't been careful lately, my guard was down, sleepless night, passion and dancing left me in a space of sublime oblivion. But now I am awake, and aware and the pain has passed, the wound is dry and I am ready for battle once again, and I am stronger on my own. I can see the smoke rising in the horizon, where the fighting is over, that's the path of the vultures, not mine.. My path is where the fight still rages on, where I can unleash my madness, where I don't need to hide behind those bloated masks that you all wear, that awful stench of complacency, of fake diplomacy, of keeping a peace that does not exist. Sit on your horses, up in the  hills, play your games and believe in your fantasies. Down here, this is where I belong, with my army of ghosts





No comments:

Post a Comment