"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Ella sings to me tonight

I can hear Ella singing in my ears: what a difference a day makes, twenty four little hours. I've moved pass the guilt to find acknowledgement of my responsability in all this mess. Guilt doesn't work anymore, it never has. I played a part in the events that have led me here but I also believe that blame leads me nowhere. Today I am standing taller than yesterday. I have moved passed the sorrow to find serenity, from pain to comfort, from solitude to love. Those twenty four little hours have made me a different woman, with every minute I grew wiser. I remembered the pain, the broken promises, the forgotten futures, I remembered my stolen heart and my loneliness. I remembered the joy too, and the perfect moments, the forever in the making and all the love. With every passing minute I also dreamed of a better life, of calmer waters, of loving hours. I have spent this day alone with myself, building treasures in my mind, finding my core. I sit here a day later, having faced fears and pain, wiser and happier. All I must do now is live the next twenty four hours with the same courage, and with the same gratitude. I go to sleep tonight with no regrets, I go to sleep tonight at peace with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment