"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Thursday, 10 May 2012

Greek

Quietly, when the world has gone to sleep, when I have done all the wrongs and fixed all the rights,just before the drugs take over, before my mind slips away, I remember. And suddenly I am too awake, too in control, and then I realise how real all of this is. I have learned to hide the weakness in me, to cry in private, to ignore the turmoil. I know these walls are made of sand, and I am Penelope, building them up in darkness to watch them disintegrate in my absence. They will never know, nobody can see the change, they don't know I'm scared.

There are nights I wish I had succeeded, lately too many for my liking, but we all have our bad days don't we? But I did not succeed, and I kept the promises I made, and now I have made new ones. And I feel so exhausted.Expecting some payout for failing and instead I get some more of the same, just like Midas, everything I touch turns to...

And so finally sleep takes over, and I hope I will forget all the mistakes I've made, all I have to do is keep one foot in front of the other, that way until my grave. I will not have what I want by virtue of who I am, but who I am I cannot change, and thus I need to live without what I want, and make do with what is there.I will be the clown, and I will make a pastime out of tragedy, and I will learn that dreaming is for fools, and I will forget...


No comments:

Post a Comment