"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Tuesday, 10 May 2011

The Rabbit Hole

I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole once again; I was walking along caught in my own thoughts and I tripped on forgotten dreams of days gone by. Not sure where it will lead, I am clueless as to the purpose it has this time round. All I know is that I feel foolish for not looking where my feet were standing, I had my head in the clouds, and now everything is caught in a whirlwind as I, down the rabbit hole fall. It isn’t as bright and beautiful as I expected, it is rather confusing and mind numbing, but I have learned to close my eyes, that way I just feel the thrill and not the fear of the approaching ground.

What awaits me I do not want to consider, I have wasted too much time guessing outcomes and life has just passed me by, my vision is short-sighted and I cannot afford to make conjectures based on the blurry flashes I briefly catch, the end of the tunnel is still too far for me to consider. I fell, perhaps unwillingly but it was me alone who fell, and it was me who chose to live in the clouds for a while. Those rabbit holes are the ones that change me, that shape my life. I would be a fool to always walk the prescribed path, much would be lost in the predictability of that, and in spite of all the times I’ve had to pick myself back up and dust myself off I do not regret any of the rabbit holes I’ve fallen into, or the mirrors I had to walk through. I just have the hope that this time round my fall will not find me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment