"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Thursday, 13 May 2010

Pertaining the dissolution over my heart...

And as I breath in the tears and breath out the hopes I wonder where I left my heart in all this mess. I was supposed to hold on to it, look after it, be wary, careful, reserved. But somehow I let go, and now I cannot find it. Did I lose it in the lies you told me? or in the fake comfort of your empty words? Maybe in bed when you promised you wouldn't hurt me again, or perhaps at dinner the night before last when you said all was fine? At some point I lost my heart. Maybe I willingly let go off it when you smiled at me with your loving eyes again, when you stripped me off my masks and in my state of undress you saw beyond my fears, my insecurities. I think I didn't need to let go, you had it in your grasp all along. But now, I must claim what belongs to me. I demand you return it to me, whole and safe, not broken and damaged. You should have asked first, I would have given it to you without a fight, now it seems we don't know what part of it belongs to me and which belongs to you.

We must not turn this into a legal battle, we both know I had it first. It might have grown bigger and richer under your care, but it also gated itself in a protective case, fearful of renewed betrayals. We must decide what of my heart you get to keep, what part of your investment you want returned? Is there a possible gain? At the end of the day all I need is my heart, safe and sound, take your investments, your fancy casings, all I need is my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment