"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Thursday, 13 May 2010

A proposal to myself

I stand naked, no clothes or jewellery. Naked, no make up or perfume. Naked, no lies or truths. Naked. I stand before you naked, no demands, no sacrifices required. Just me, naked and this is what I got to offer:
I will always be me, no disguises, no games.
I will be your friend and I will stand by your side through thick and thin
I will pursue happiness and be next to you when you pursue yours
I will never compromise who I am or what I stand for and I will never expect you to do so

I cannot guarantee I won't cry, or lose it every once in a while, I cannot guarantee a peaceful and stable mind, I cannot guarantee I won't rely on you at times for support and love, I cannot guarantee unchanging feelings.

What I can guarantee is that at all times you will be my partner, my friend, my lover and you will be a part of my life. And I will always stand naked, truthful, before you.

To offer more would cloth me with deceit, it wouldn't be honest, or possible. I can't offer happiness or success, I can't offer dreams fulfilled or perfect endings. To offer more would dress me, and I am standing here naked.

This is my proposal, I have told you what I have to offer, and what I cannot guarantee.

I have this 50% to offer you, can you put the other 50%?

This offer is not time sensitive but I will get cold standing here naked so don't keep me waiting too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment