I remembered listening to this in hospital and surprisingly finding it calming. I do, since then, listen to it everytime I need to write and my head doesn't want to let my heart have its say. It connects me with the troubled mind I had at the time, the mind that couldn't stop aching, doubting, thinking. This song would fill me with inspiration, would allow me to untangle all those intertwinned threads of fear and pain, and give them some form, some structure, in the screen of my computer. Those days it was writing and smoking that kept me from losing myself to despair, this song played a huge part.
Today, as if by fate, it started playing in the ipod shuffle, at a moment when I wasn't quite sure what I was feeling. It helped me connect with the source of my emotions and even if for a split second, my mind was clear. Music is like that to me, it is the vehicle via which my emotions reach my hands and fingers and find words, meaning, form. It is in music that sometimes I recognise the limits of myself, and choose to cross them. I choose to become more than I was intended to. Music is me...
"Falling Away With You" by Muse
I can't remember when it was good
moments of happiness elude
maybe I just misunderstood
all of the love we left behind
watching the flash backs intertwine
memories I will never find
so I'll love whatever you become
and forget the reckless things we've done
I think our lives have just begun
I think our lives have just begun
and I'll feel my world crumbling
I'll feel my life crumbling
I'll feel my soul crumbling away
and falling away
falling away with you
staying awake to chase a dream
tasting the air you're breathing in
I know I won't forget a thing
promise to hold you close and pray
watching the fantasies decay
nothing will ever stay the same
all of the love we threw away
all of the hopes we cherished fade
making the same mistakes again
making the same mistakes again
I can feel my world crumbling
I can feel my life crumbling
I can feel my soul crumbling away
and falling away
falling away with you
all of the love we've left behind
watching the flash backs intertwine
memories I will never find
memories I will never find
Saturday, 29 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment