"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Tuesday, 5 April 2011

All the things in their rightful place

It is a typical afternoon in Bogota, after pouring rain the sun is now shining and a light mist hangs over the city. High up in the Cerros in my sister's flat I can see the cars and the people going about their business, I can see the stadium and the hills at the other side of the city, beautifully coloured clouds wave me goodbye. I am sitting in the terrace smoking a cigarette, listening to Belle and Sebastian, waiting for my sister to pick me up and head to the airport. I will miss all this. I will miss cuddling up next to Luna and her wonderful advice. I will miss playing with the cat and the comfort of my family's home.

I'm going back to London with no certainties; I'm going back to my home. I'm going back to my city in spring, with my mind back in its rightful place and with my heart glued together with love. I am happy where I am, I am happy with who I am. I've healed and I've learned. One chapter in my life nicely closed and I am eagerly awaiting the next, good things are heading my way because I am who I was always supposed to be, a wonderful woman comfortable in her own skin, with a plan and with a path, at peace with the past and with the mistakes made because they have all led to this place, a healthy woman, with an amazing family and with loving friends. It took a lot for me to get here but I am finally here. I am alive and I am breathing, I am hopeful and ready, I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment