"I am not duty-bound to resolve the difficulties I create. May my ideas always be somewhat disjunct, or even appear to contradict one another, if only they are ideas in which readers will find material that stirs them to think for themselves".
Ephraim Lessing

Thursday, 14 April 2011

A new chapter

It is when you have the courage to close chapters that new opportunities open up. Even after all the pain of the past few weeks life still rewards me with amazing gifts I never expected. My situation for the past few years was one of self doubt and undervaluing myself, I never thought I was good enough to work in the fields I wanted to, to have the friends I deserved or to be loved in the way I wanted. I had felt betrayed and abandoned, I had clung on to the past and to the harmed I had endured. I felt I needed to remind myself of those things in order to prevent them from happening and by doing so I welcomed more of the same into my life. I was focused on the negative and couldn't see the wonder in me.

All the ends that came to my world in the past month and the strength I have had to let them be and move on from them have opened a new chapter in my life. I feel new, and ready for life, for the first time in a long time, in years. I feel whole again, and focused. I am free to become what I was born to become. It is my time to work in what I want to work, to cherish the friendships that have supported me in this process and to find love once again. It was by accepting the endings that I can now begin again...

No comments:

Post a Comment