You know life is smiling at you when the unexpected becomes a regular happening. Today I was called a certain Ms Ricci and asked for an autograph, I met up with a long lost friend who told me I was the strongest person in her life, I got free coffee from Pret, the local shop owners called me by my first name and I finally managed to understand things that had eluded me for a long time.
Happiness has entered my life once again; I remember people telling me a few weeks ago that the time would come when I would look back and see those tears as nothing more than tears than needed to be shed. They told me I needed to get through the sadness with courage, and that things would be bright again. I didn’t believe them; I thought they were lying to me just so I would not fall apart. I honestly thought I would remain in the sorrow, unmovable and weak. Now I want to laugh at my foolishness, but I won’t, because the chances are more dark times will come, that is inevitable, but for once in my life I faced them right: strong and with faith on that strength.
Because of those dark times, I can really relish in these sunny ones. Because of all the lost I can embrace what I have found. Because I trusted myself in spite of all the doubts I am here now, sitting on the grass, with the quiet breeze on my face, alone in the soundless echoes of dark times gone by, but in the solace of my quiet mind. New dawns are here.
Wednesday, 20 April 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment